Insight Float is about creating an environment where people can relax, unwind, clear their thoughts, unlock creativity, and heal their bodies, minds, and spirits. It’s a place to find like-minded people; where conversations unfold naturally, and people find ways to express themselves with a new awareness.
The practice of floating
Floating is a practice, much like meditation, yoga, and athletics. The floatation experience involves entering into a float cabin, or an enclosed tub filled with ten inches of water, saturated with 1200 lbs of dissolved Epsom salts in the water. The resulting solution allows you to float effortlessly and safely in pure peace and solitude. The water is heated to external body temperature of 94 degrees fahrenheit allowing you to become one with your own personal nothingness in a sound and light proof blissful & safe environment.
Floating regularly allows us to activate the right hemisphere of the brain. This promotes boosted creativity, visualization, and non linear thought. Our usually dominant left hemisphere (responsible for fight or flight decisions, vision, and language) falls into the background. There are many benefits for the body, mind and spirit.
The pages listed to the left describe how floating can be used to help based on individual needs and lifestyle. If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact us and we'd be happy to respond.
Benefits of Floating
Hundreds of studies have been conducted on the benefits of floatation or Restricted Environment Stimulation Therapy (REST). The following is a brief list of demonstrable results from scientific research on Floatation Therapy.
- Relaxation, Rejuvenation, Meditation, Creativity
- Pain reduction (ex: rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscle/joint tension, headaches, back injury, autoimmune disorders)
- Muscle and joint repair and recovery post injury
- Decrease anxiety and stress
- Anti-gravity environment reduces sensation of physical strain on body
- Pain relief during pregnancy
- Improves quality of skin / detoxification
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Increases immune system functioning
- Assists with behavior modification (ex: quitting addictions)
- Release of endorphins
- Improved cognitive functioning and mental clarity
- Improved sleep